PEER REVIEW PROCESS
Steps in Peer Review
- The author submits all required materials, including copyright form, and separate cover letter via submission portal.
- Completed submission is sent out to two or three reviewers.
- Reviewers review the article and send it back to the editorial office for processing.
- After initial review, Editor-in-Chief releases reviews to authors.
- Authors are asked to respond to reviewers and make necessary corrections.
- The article is sent out for re-review.
- Editor-in-Chief may accept, reject, accept with minor alterations, or send out for the third review.
- If accepted, the author must submit the final version. The version will be added to “in-press” queue with publisher.
- Prior to publication, the publisher will send galleys to authors. No edits may be made after galleys are approved.
- The article is printed or published online in JHIMI Journal
Submission and Peer Review Process